JSLint error on css background/url

  • Jérôme DESPATIS
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2011
      Hello

      I'm using JSLint to validate the following CSS:

      --------------------------
      @charset "UTF-8";

      #djDojoPreloader
      {
      background: #fff url('../images/loading.gif') no-repeat center center;
      }
      ---------------------------

      But I get the error:
      /Error:/

      Problem at line 5 character 25: Bad url ''../images/loading.gif''.

      background: #fff url('../images/loading.gif') no-repeat center center;

      Any idea on this error ? (I've tried url with single, double quotes and
      no quotes, always the same error)

      --
      Jérôme Despatis
      jerome@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2011
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Jérôme DESPATIS <jerome@...> wrote:
        > I'm using JSLint to validate the following CSS:
        >
        > --------------------------
        > @charset "UTF-8";
        >
        > #djDojoPreloader
        > {
        > background: #fff url('../images/loading.gif') no-repeat center center;
        > }
        >
        > But I get the error:
        > /Error:/
        >
        > Problem at line 5 character 25: Bad url ''../images/loading.gif''.
        >
        > background: #fff url('../images/loading.gif') no-repeat center center;
        >

        > Any idea on this error ? (I've tried url with single, double quotes and
        > no quotes, always the same error)

        JSLint does not like the security hazards that come from use of .. in urls.