JSLINT.errors[] is empty, but error detected in JSLINT.report()

  • Jérôme DESPATIS
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2011
      Hello,

      I come back again an a problem I don't understand well:

      I'm testing this function on jslint.com:

      function test(data, args) {
      "use strict";

      var b = data;
      }

      JSLint reports an error "unused variable for args and b", I'm ok with that,

      but Firebug tells me JSLINT.errors is an empty array after the analysis
      => why this array doesn't contain the error reported by JSLINT.report() ?

      Thanks,

      --
      Jérôme Despatis
      jerome@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2011
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Jérôme DESPATIS <jerome@...> wrote:
        > I come back again an a problem I don't understand well:
        >
        > I'm testing this function on jslint.com:
        >
        > function test(data, args) {
        > "use strict";
        >
        > var b = data;
        > }
        >
        > JSLint reports an error "unused variable for args and b", I'm ok with that,
        >
        > but Firebug tells me JSLINT.errors is an empty array after the analysis
        > => why this array doesn't contain the error reported by JSLINT.report() ?

        The unused analysis is done in the function report.