Re: Script URL

  • Fred Lorrain
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > What means the Problem message ?
      > Which rule I'm not respecting by using javascript: ?
      >

      > Problem at line 854 character 33: Script URL.
      >
      > peopleURL = "javascript:void(popupWindow('" + this.contactsPeoplePath +
      >
      > Do you have a document will all the rules implemented in JSLint that
      > should be respected and an explanation for all of them ?

      No explanations ?
      What means the problem "Script URL" ?
      Please help, thanks.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@> wrote:
        > >

        > > What means the Problem message ?
        > > Which rule I'm not respecting by using javascript: ?
        > >

        > > Problem at line 854 character 33: Script URL.
        > >
        > > peopleURL = "javascript:void(popupWindow('" +
        this.contactsPeoplePath +

        > > Do you have a document will all the rules implemented in JSLint that
        > > should be respected and an explanation for all of them ?
        > >

        > No explanations ?
        > What means the problem "Script URL" ?
        > Please help, thanks.

        Script urls are a bad practice. Avoid using them.
      • Fred Lorrain
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2008
          wrote:

          > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > What means the Problem message ?
          > > > Which rule I'm not respecting by using javascript: ?
          > > >

          > > > Problem at line 854 character 33: Script URL.
          > > >
          > > > peopleURL = "javascript:void(popupWindow('" +
          > this.contactsPeoplePath +
          > > >
          > > > Do you have a document will all the rules implemented in JSLint that
          > > > should be respected and an explanation for all of them ?
          > > >

          > > No explanations ?
          > > What means the problem "Script URL" ?
          > > Please help, thanks.
          >
          > Script urls are a bad practice. Avoid using them.

          Ok thanks.

          Here a good explanation why:
          http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/bestpractices/#onclick
        • Fred Lorrain
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 25, 2008
            --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@...> wrote:

            > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Crockford" <douglas@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@> wrote:

            > > this.contactsPeoplePath +

            JSLint that

            > > > No explanations ?
            > > > What means the problem "Script URL" ?
            > > > Please help, thanks.
            > >
            > > Script urls are a bad practice. Avoid using them.
            > >

            > Ok thanks.
            >
            > Here a good explanation why:
            > http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/bestpractices/#onclick

            (I forget to update the titel of my previous answer, sorry)