Re: [jslint] Re: Function and property

  • Luke Page
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2011
      Your resolution makes the code confusing does it not?

      If I saw it I would be wondering why you created the alias and whether it wa
      a throw back to something else that had later been removed?

      Would it not be better in these situations to leave confusion off, sort out
      anything that makes sense and then turn confusion on?
      On 26 Jun 2011 12:16, "IceBox" <albertosantini@...> wrote:

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Crockford" <douglas@...>
      wrote:

      >> You are using .format as a function and as a string.
      >>
      >> You should select the Tolerate type confusion option.
      >>

      > I resolved using the following approach:
      >
      > var YDateFormat = Y.DataType.Date.format;
      > YDateFormat(ld, {'format': "%a, %b %d, %H:%M"});
      >
      > Regards,
      > Alberto

    • Jakob Kruse
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 26, 2011
        Yet anoher example of the confusion option leading to just that (confusion).

        /Jakob