Re: confustion = confusion

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2011
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, jamrsim@... wrote:

      > My guess is that this is not the intent and possibly some type of regexp is in play, but, I have discovered that both:
      >
      > confustion: true
      > -or-
      > confusion: true
      >
      > will both satisfy JSLint to achieve 'Tolerate type confusion'

      I do not believe you.
    • Merlin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2011
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, jamrsim@... wrote:
        > I have discovered that both:
        > confustion: true
        > -or-
        > confusion: true
        >
        > will both satisfy JSLint to achieve 'Tolerate type confusion'

        I guess that you have set confusion: true in the (web) interface or elsewhere.

        Try this:

        /*jslint confusion: false */
        var w = 27 + "43"; // gives an error
        /*jslint confustion: true */
        var x = 27 + "43"; // still gives an error
        /*jslint confusion: true */
        var y = 27 + "43"; // no error
        /*jslint confustion: false */
        var z = 27 + "43"; // still no error