confustion = confusion

  • jamrsim@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2011
      My guess is that this is not the intent and possibly some type of regexp is in play, but, I have discovered that both:

      confustion: true
      -or-
      confusion: true

      will both satisfy JSLint to achieve 'Tolerate type confusion'

      /*jslint white: true, devel: true, onevar: true, browser: true, undef: true,
      nomen: true, regexp: true, plusplus: true, bitwise: true, newcap: true,
      unparam: true, maxerr: 1000, indent: 2, sloppy: true, confustion: true */
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2011
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, jamrsim@... wrote:

        > My guess is that this is not the intent and possibly some type of regexp is in play, but, I have discovered that both:
        >
        > confustion: true
        > -or-
        > confusion: true
        >
        > will both satisfy JSLint to achieve 'Tolerate type confusion'

        I do not believe you.
      • Merlin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 23, 2011
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, jamrsim@... wrote:
          > I have discovered that both:
          > confustion: true
          > -or-
          > confusion: true
          >
          > will both satisfy JSLint to achieve 'Tolerate type confusion'

          I guess that you have set confusion: true in the (web) interface or elsewhere.

          Try this:

          /*jslint confusion: false */
          var w = 27 + "43"; // gives an error
          /*jslint confustion: true */
          var x = 27 + "43"; // still gives an error
          /*jslint confusion: true */
          var y = 27 + "43"; // no error
          /*jslint confustion: false */
          var z = 27 + "43"; // still no error