Re: [jslint] Re: Type confusion, array and object

  • Luke Page
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 22, 2011

      > > There is confusion with array.filter.
      >
      > But it's an object not an Array

      Because array.filter is a provided function a user looking at a.filter()
      would be likely to assume a is an array. This could lead to errors or lost
      time. (That is the logic anyway)

    • tom.haggie@sap.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 22, 2011
        So the answer is that the name space should be considered global because filter is used somewhere it can't be used anywhere else?

        Originally some sort of rudimentary type checking sounded useful but I think I'm going to I'm going to opt out if this is the direction it's going.