option.confusion

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2011
      The option.type has been renamed as option.confusion. The option.type will continue to work for a short time.

      JSLint's type inference is now looking at properties. It assumes that all uses of a property name will be associated with the same type.

      JavaScript does not require type consistency, but certainly some errors are caused by type confusion. Also, some JavaScript engines will be much slower in the presence of type confusion.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2012
        Last year I experimented with type inference in JSLint. I was not satisfied with the results of the experiment, so I am pulling all of that code out. JSLint will no longer recognize the 'confusion' option. It will continue to allow and ignore type information in /*properties*/ directives for some transition time.

        I may attempt another inference experiment in the future.