Error in reports but JSLINT.errors is empty

  • Jérôme DESPATIS
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2011
      Hello,

      I've just noticed a slight problem, in some code, there is an unused
      variable items, so JSLINT.report() gives this:

      but at the same time JSLINT.errors is an empty array, normal ?

      The fact is I just print the report for information, I rely on
      JSLINT.errors.length to highlight the code if one error is detected

      Thanks for your help

      --
      Jérôme Despatis
      jerome@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2011
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Jérôme DESPATIS <jerome@...> wrote:
        > I've just noticed a slight problem, in some code, there is an unused
        > variable items, so JSLINT.report() gives this:

        > but at the same time JSLINT.errors is an empty array, normal ?
        >
        > The fact is I just print the report for information, I rely on
        > JSLINT.errors.length to highlight the code if one error is detected

        Depending on the state of option.undef, those warnings may be suppressed.
      • Jérôme DESPATIS
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2011
          I've tried undef: true/false
          and unparam: true/false

          The only setting that seems to let show unused variables is unparam:
          false, which seems to be the default
          (I'm using the very last version from github)

          And in that case this error is reported in JSLINT.report(), but
          JSLINT.errors is an empty array, the latter should give more information
          on this unused variable, no ?

          Thanks