Re: Double negative

  • spence.randall@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 7, 2011
      I use the /*jslint*/ directives for some of these options, so I would have to edit these, but I think a change for the better is worth the effort. No pain, no gain, right?

      -Randall

      > So I want to make this change, but I'm not sure it is worth the cost. Comments?

    • Merlin
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8, 2011
        I would support a change, but I think it would be desirable to continue to support the current /*jslint*/ directive for a while, with the current polarity convention.

        A new /*options*/ directive in JSLint could observe the new switched polarity convention.

        Editing the old form in scripts into the new would be fairly simple - mainly a matter of deleting items that are in the "good parts". A program to do that would be trivial.

        It does, of course, involve changes in the web interface, and, in my case, in my Widget Tester Widget, but I don't see that as a problem given reasonable notice of the new interface wording and the Edition in which JSLint itself would change.