Option to tolerate == vs ===

  • timryandls
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2011
      I'm currently refactoring a massive legacy site with several hundred thousand lines of js code, spread thru 100s of js files as well as inlined in jsp files.

      I'm getting 100s of errors for == vs === problems as I work, making it difficult to pick out more severe breaking errors as I clean things. While I can change some of these on the fly for those at are immediately obvious, some cannot be readily changed due a lot of really bad coding, making it unsafe to assume the type of the var and whether it's safe to switch to ===.

      What do think about adding a 'tolerate' option to skip these?
    • Michael Mikowski
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23, 2011
        Hi Tim:

        You should be able to set the eqeqeq flag to false, and this should take care of most warnings.

        /*jslint eqeqeq: false, ... */

        When you have time, you could turn that back on and fix type miss-matches.

        IIRC, jslint may still complain if you are comparing to falsey values, e.g:

        If that is a real problem, you might look at the jslint source and disable that warning.

        Cheers, Mike