Re: [jslint] possible erroneous warning due to multi-line layout (UNCLASSIFIED)

  • Zhami
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2011
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR USARC" <austin.cheney@...> wrote:

      > I do have one complaint/question. Why would you do this:
      >
      > var processTheForm;
      > processTheForm = function () {...
      >
      > Instead you could do this:
      > var processTheForm = function () {...

      Two reasons:

      1) because I don't do the former... there were a number of names declared as variables.

      2) I don't like to clutter the list of variable declarations with assignments. While the interpreter allows it, I prefer to keep very distinct variable name declarations, and assignment of values.
    • Zhami
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13, 2011
        I have been having an off-list conversation with someone who has helped me understand that my original problem statement may be opaque. The essence is this:

        The following is okay:

        var a, b,
        c, d;

        The following generates a warning about the position of d:

        var a,
        c, d;