Properties display

  • Erik Eckhardt
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2011
      At the end, where jslint displays all the used properties of objects that
      it's noticed, the display is showing less-than characters encoded in
      javascript string style. Is this expected?

      For example, if I do something like this:

      buildHtml({
      "<br />An important label": someobject.starttime.toString()
      });

      Then in the properties, I see this:

      /*properties $1,
      "\u003cbr \/>An important label"

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2011

        > At the end, where jslint displays all the used properties of objects that
        > it's noticed, the display is showing less-than characters encoded in
        > javascript string style. Is this expected?
        >
        > For example, if I do something like this:
        >
        > buildHtml({
        > "<br />An important label": someobject.starttime.toString()
        > });
        >
        > Then in the properties, I see this:
        >
        > /*properties $1,
        > "\u003cbr \/>An important label"

        Since the report is in HTML, the only other option would be to use an entity. But that means, for some browsers, that you cannot copy the properties report into a program.
      • Erik Eckhardt
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2011
          I'm not sure I understand this. What browser can't display a less than sign
          or, when displayed can't allow it to be copied?

          Are you talking about pasting the properties report directly into javascript
          code, with the problem where embedded script closing tags prematurely stop
          the javascript, ala:

          <script type="text/javascript">
          document.write('<script></script');
          alert('done');