Re: [jslint] DEBUG && window.console.debug('some data', obj1.prop1, ...);

  • Morgaut Alexandre Louis Marc
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2011
      On 5 avr. 2011, at 19:07, Luke Page wrote:

      > If you use an intelligent compiler, (like closure compiler - not sure what
      > others do it?) then the compile process can strip out debug code and code
      > that is unused.

      Well, what I liked with this approach was that even in development, it is quite easy to active and inactive log commands of any component

      You're right that a loader could could as well choose to load the either the minified or the debug version of the component

      The other thing is that, in production, the application would still require to be reloaded to change the log behavior (overriding a component while in use is more complicated).
      If a user is having a problem and is afraid to loose its data it is not always the best thing to do ;-)

      But I'll try to look this way too

      Thanks you for the suggestion