option.node

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 22, 2011
      JSLint now has an Assume Node.js option that predefines global variables for Node.js. http://nodejs.org/
    • AJ ONeal
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 28, 2011
        Many node scripts begin with

        #!/usr/bin/env node

        Will you please ignore "#!whatever" if it is the first line?

        AJ ONeal

        On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 2:46 PM, douglascrockford <douglas@...>wrote:

        > JSLint now has an Assume Node.js option that predefines global variables
        > for Node.js. http://nodejs.org/

      • AJ ONeal
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 30, 2011
          The `node` option should also include `setInterval` and `setTimeout`, as
          they are built-in in node.

          AJ ONeal

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2011
            --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, AJ ONeal <coolaj86@...> wrote:
            > The `node` option should also include `setInterval` and `setTimeout`, as
            > they are built-in in node.

            The node.js documentation is still a bit sketchy, so it is hard to find all of the globals. Please let me know if you find more.
          • IceBox
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5, 2011
              Hello.

              > The node.js documentation is still a bit sketchy, so it is hard to find all of the globals. Please let me know if you find more.

              I would check "__dirname".

              For instance, assuming Node.js and Good Parts options:

              var myDir = __dirname;

              It is displayed "Unexpected dangling '_' in '__dirname'."

              I would add "exports" and "require" in the globals.

              Thanks in advance,
              Alberto
            • AJ ONeal
              Message 6 of 7 , May 19 1:58 PM
                The `node` option should also list `exports` as a global.

                I just sent a pull request to node on the documentation.

                AJ ONeal

                Message 7 of 7 , May 20 2:11 AM
                  --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, AJ ONeal <coolaj86@...> wrote:

                  > The `node` option should also list `exports` as a global.

                  Thanks. Please try it now.