Re: errors and warning

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2011
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "sharkfx2002" <sharkfx2002@...> wrote:
      > I'm new to JSLint, and did not have the time to examine the sources and group messages to a maximum extent; however, I have a question about warnings and errors.

      You are not looking at a recent version. I recommend that you go to Github and get the latest.

      JSLint produces warnings. In most cases, after giving a warning, it will continue parsing. However, in some cases there is an increased likelihood that further warnings will be nonsense. In those cases it will stop.

      When it stops, that doesn't mean the last warning was more heinous than the others. It is just that JSLint is not confident that it can recover adequately.

      So fix your code and move on.
    • sharkfx2002
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2011
        Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the latest version.

        From your message I understand that the terms "warning" and "error" do not have the same meaning as those used by a usual code compiler, because JSLint is not one.

        Am I correct ?

        Stefan.