Re: [jslint] Style

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2011
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Luke Page <luke.a.page@...> wrote:
      > I agree that consistent style helps all developers, but as a consultant that
      > has to obey corporate style documents that differ from company to company
      > and someone who preaches jslint to full time javascript developers who don't
      > know what === is let alone how to refactor code to use it safely (recently
      > during a code review I asked a guy to make his code conform to jslint.. he
      > find and replaced all == with === introducing several major bugs) I find
      > jslint to be slightly too restrictive and authoritarian for the real world
      > even if I continue to use it for my own greenfield development.

      I have always been opposed to programming in ignorance, and I have worked hard to try to improve the knowledge and thoughtfulness of this community.

      Simply replacing '==' with '===' is a stupid act. I believe that JSLint can help people better programmers, but it cannot succeed if it is used stupidly.

      Many people think they have good reasons for doing things badly. JSLint's purpose is not to help them feel better about that.