Re: [jslint] Re: tree comments

  • Luke Page
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2011
      I have made modifications to my own version along these lines..

      1. Fixed what looks like a typo in discard that appends prev.postcomments
      concat token.postcomments to token.comments (instead of prev.postcomments or
      removing prev.postcomments

      2. In discard If nexttoken is end, move to post comments of previous token
      instead.

      3. In advance at end if token is end then call discard

      I then modified collect comments to store line and comment type.

      If you are interested in either change I can provide diff.
      On 27 Feb 2011 00:14, "Douglas Crockford" <douglas@...> wrote:
      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Luke Page <luke.a.page@...> wrote:
      >> I'm scanning the jslint tree after processing to detect todo comments and
      >> warn about them. I also have a plan to validate vsdoc/jsdoc as well. Do
      you
      >> have any objections (or can you warn about any plans to remove the tree
      or
      >> comments in the tree in the future?)
      >>
      >> However an issue so far are that comments after the last piece of
      functional
      >> javascript are not being attached to comments or postcomments..
      >>
      >> Is it possible you would fix this? Or would you accept a patch if I look
      at
      >> it myself?
      >>
      >> Secondly a minor point is I can't determine the difference between /* and
      //
      >> - needed to validate for /** or /// rather than /*/ or //*. However if
      you
      >> can't help with that I understand.
      >

      > Comments are being collected for a JSMax future feature. It is not
      finished yet, and I am not announcing if or when it ever will be finished. I
      have to complete another book first.