Re: Eval... LOL !

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 24 6:32 AM
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "montago_2004" <mdk@...> wrote:
      > try this :
      >
      > var p = "eval";

      You can turn that off with the Tolerate eval option.
    • montago_2004
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 25 6:45 AM
        wrote:

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "montago_2004" <mdk@> wrote:
        > > try this :
        > >
        > > var p = "eval";
        >
        > You can turn that off with the Tolerate eval option.

        Don't you see the error ???
        Or do I have to spell it for you ?

        var p = "e"+"v"+"a"+"l"; //which also report 'Eval is Evil'

        It's a string !, its harmless :-D
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 25 9:05 AM
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "montago_2004" <mdk@...> wrote:

          > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Crockford" <douglas@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "montago_2004" <mdk@> wrote:
          > > > try this :
          > > >
          > > > var p = "eval";
          > >
          > > You can turn that off with the Tolerate eval option.
          > >

          > Don't you see the error ???
          > Or do I have to spell it for you ?
          >
          > var p = "e"+"v"+"a"+"l"; //which also report 'Eval is Evil'
          >
          > It's a string !, its harmless :-D

          There is no reason to put eval in a string except to evade an eval
          restriction, so JSLint is doing its job.
        • montago_2004
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 27 4:10 AM
            wrote:

            > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "montago_2004" <mdk@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Crockford" <douglas@>
            > > wrote:

            > > > You can turn that off with the Tolerate eval option.
            > > >

            > > Don't you see the error ???
            > > Or do I have to spell it for you ?
            > >
            > > var p = "e"+"v"+"a"+"l"; //which also report 'Eval is Evil'
            > >
            > > It's a string !, its harmless :-D
            >
            > There is no reason to put eval in a string except to evade an eval
            > restriction, so JSLint is doing its job.

            var Explain = "You should be aware that eval might occur in non-script
            context"

            //that eval might be a token in a parser
            switch(token)
            {
            //....
            case "eval" : break;
            //....
            }

            /*
            And that eval isn't evil, when you use it right.
            */

            var ObjCopy = eval( OrgObj.toSource() );
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 27 4:54 AM
              > //that eval might be a token in a parser
              > switch(token)
              > {
              > //....
              > case "eval" : break;

              Like I said before, there is an option to turn that check off.
              I don't recommend it.