Re: use of /*jslint

  • dangerjones2
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2011

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "dangerjones2" <westoncerny@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have used the line by line feature of /*jslint for almost a year now to ignore problems with code I did not create nor own.
      > > example:
      > > /*jslint nomen:false */
      > > window.__functionIdoNotOwn();
      > > /*jslint nomen:true */
      > >
      > > recently i received this error.
      > >
      > > Problem at line 732 character 17: Unexpected '/*jslint'.
      > >
      > > /*jslint nomen: true */
      > >
      > > Problem at line 733 character 24: Unexpected dangling '_' in '__doPostBack'.
      > >
      > > window.__doPostBack(thisUnitMapContainer.clientName + '$LinkB...
      > >
      > > Problem at line 734 character 17: Unexpected '/*jslint'.
      > >
      > > /*jslint nomen: true */
      > >
      > > Am I doing this incorrectly or is this a feature of jslint that has been removed?
      >

      > I never intended this to be a feature.
      > I regret that I accidentally allowed it.
      >
      > It currently works at the top level, so that files can be merged. I could allow it to work at the statement level, but I would prefer not to unless there is a compelling argument.

      Is the argument that I want the code I write to jslint, but since I do not always control other people's code not argument enough? I want to enforce jslint on myself to the strictest of standards, but I cannot force jslint on all people. I gradually tell others to jslint by not fixing their javascript until it jslints (which fixes most issues). I do all this despite my inner self desire to stand at the bridge and tell the balrog it shall not pass!