Re: old formatting bug returns

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2011
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@..." <abyssoft@...> wrote:

      > View as fixed width
      >
      > Given
      >
      > /*jslint strict: true, white: true, browser: true, devel: true, windows: true, sub: true, undef: true */
      > /*jslint nomen: true, eqeqeq: true, plusplus: true, bitwise: true, regexp: true, immed: true */
      > /*jslint maxerr: 50, maxlen: 168, indent: 4 */
      >
      > var g = 1;
      > var h = function () {
      > "use strict";
      > return 123;
      > };
      > var r = (
      > g === 1 ?
      > h(
      > "yes"
      > ) :
      > "no"
      > );
      >
      > Errors shown
      > Error:
      > Problem at line 13 character 13: Expected 'yes' at column 9, not column 13.
      >
      > "yes"
      >
      > Problem at line 14 character 9: Expected ')' at column 5, not column 9.
      >
      > ) :
      >
      > what it looks like if I go by these
      >
      > var g = 1;
      > var h = function () {
      > "use strict";
      > return 123;
      > };
      > var r = (
      > g === 1 ?
      > h(
      > "yes"
      > ) :
      > "no"
      > );
      >
      > Definitely less readable. Seems to be having a problem handling function calls as the result of an inline boolean switch.

      It is not a bug. You have two options:

      1) You can adopt a less blatently flamboyant coding style.

      2) You can turn option.white off.

      Your choice.
    • abyssoft@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2011
        I'll go with option 1, most of the "flamboyance" was intended for clarity. I will reduce complexity where possible to achieve the goals of option 1.