Problem with JSLint options

  • DH
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2011
      The JSLint options have been acting weird over the past few weeks and I finally reproducible bug that appears both in IE 8.0.6001.18702 and Firefox 3.6.13 in Windows XP (though I've had other problems I can't reproduce).

      Steps:
      - Click 'Clear All Options'
      - Paste the following into the code textbox:
      /*jslint browser: true, forin: true */
      - Click the JSLint button and verify there are no errors
      - Select the ADSafe option
      - Click the JSLint button
      - Verify that you see 1 ADSafe Violation
      - Uncheck the ADSafe option
      - Click the JSLint button
      - Verify that a slightly different Adsafe error remains.
      - Refresh the page.
      - Note that the Safe Subset, Disallow Undefined Variables, and Disallow dangling _ in identifiers Options are now checked.

      Hope this helps, thanks,

      Dave H.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2011
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "DH" <david.herren@...> wrote:

        > The JSLint options have been acting weird over the past few weeks and I finally reproducible bug that appears both in IE 8.0.6001.18702 and Firefox 3.6.13 in Windows XP (though I've had other problems I can't reproduce).
        >
        > Steps:
        > - Click 'Clear All Options'
        > - Paste the following into the code textbox:
        > /*jslint browser: true, forin: true */
        > - Click the JSLint button and verify there are no errors
        > - Select the ADSafe option
        > - Click the JSLint button
        > - Verify that you see 1 ADSafe Violation
        > - Uncheck the ADSafe option
        > - Click the JSLint button
        > - Verify that a slightly different Adsafe error remains.
        > - Refresh the page.
        > - Note that the Safe Subset, Disallow Undefined Variables, and Disallow dangling _ in identifiers Options are now checked.
        >
        > Hope this helps, thanks,

        That was a great bug report, and it was very helpful. Please try it now.