new Array(number); void 0; constant folding; weird conditions

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2011
      JSLint now tolerates new Array(number), but rejects all other forms of new Array. new Array(number) was previously rejected because a large part of our community believed that [number] and new Array(number) were equivalent, and the sacrifice of new Array(number) was justified by that confusion. Maybe people are smarter now.

      JSLint now tolerates void 0, but no other form of void.

      JSLint now does constant folding on the infix operators +-*/%. It will complain about an operand of 0 in all cases, and complain about 1 in */%.

      JSLint is looking more closely at the condition parts of if, switch, for, do, and while statements. It will reject constants in that position except for allowing true in while and for statements.