JSLint changes in beta first?

  • david.herren
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2011
      I love JSLint but it's been buggy lately. One of the problems appears to be that optional parameters for a time were made mandatory. This caused me to update my code to what I thought was a new (overly strict) standard. Since I use this tool to validate production code it's really frustrating that updates aren't vetted before being released.

      As a solution to this problem have you considered releasing your changes in beta first? This could be as simple as a drop down with the options of "Last Stable" and "Latest Beta". It doesn't even matter what it's defaulted to as long as I have the choice.

      Thanks for all your hard work on this I really appreciate it.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2011
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "david.herren" <david.herren@...> wrote:

        > I love JSLint but it's been buggy lately. One of the problems appears to be that optional parameters for a time were made mandatory. This caused me to update my code to what I thought was a new (overly strict) standard. Since I use this tool to validate production code it's really frustrating that updates aren't vetted before being released.

        I am not aware of bugs in JSLint. If you find any, I would be very happy to hear about them.

        I have made improvements to JSLint. Accepting those improvements will make your programs better. This is, after all, the point.