Script URL

  • Fred Lorrain
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2008
      What means the Problem message ?
      Which rule I'm not respecting by using javascript: ?

      Problem at line 854 character 33: Script URL.

      peopleURL = "javascript:void(popupWindow('" + this.contactsPeoplePath +

      Do you have a document will all the rules implemented in JSLint that
      should be respected and an explanation for all of them ?
    • Fred Lorrain
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > What means the Problem message ?
        > Which rule I'm not respecting by using javascript: ?
        >

        > Problem at line 854 character 33: Script URL.
        >
        > peopleURL = "javascript:void(popupWindow('" + this.contactsPeoplePath +
        >
        > Do you have a document will all the rules implemented in JSLint that
        > should be respected and an explanation for all of them ?

        No explanations ?
        What means the problem "Script URL" ?
        Please help, thanks.
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@...> wrote:

          > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@> wrote:
          > >

          > > What means the Problem message ?
          > > Which rule I'm not respecting by using javascript: ?
          > >

          > > Problem at line 854 character 33: Script URL.
          > >
          > > peopleURL = "javascript:void(popupWindow('" +
          this.contactsPeoplePath +

          > > Do you have a document will all the rules implemented in JSLint that
          > > should be respected and an explanation for all of them ?
          > >

          > No explanations ?
          > What means the problem "Script URL" ?
          > Please help, thanks.

          Script urls are a bad practice. Avoid using them.
        • Fred Lorrain
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 25, 2008
            wrote:

            > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > What means the Problem message ?
            > > > Which rule I'm not respecting by using javascript: ?
            > > >

            > > > Problem at line 854 character 33: Script URL.
            > > >
            > > > peopleURL = "javascript:void(popupWindow('" +
            > this.contactsPeoplePath +
            > > >
            > > > Do you have a document will all the rules implemented in JSLint that
            > > > should be respected and an explanation for all of them ?
            > > >

            > > No explanations ?
            > > What means the problem "Script URL" ?
            > > Please help, thanks.
            >
            > Script urls are a bad practice. Avoid using them.

            Ok thanks.

            Here a good explanation why:
            http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/bestpractices/#onclick
          • Fred Lorrain
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 25, 2008
              --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@...> wrote:

              > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Crockford" <douglas@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@> wrote:

              > > this.contactsPeoplePath +

              JSLint that

              > > > No explanations ?
              > > > What means the problem "Script URL" ?
              > > > Please help, thanks.
              > >
              > > Script urls are a bad practice. Avoid using them.
              > >

              > Ok thanks.
              >
              > Here a good explanation why:
              > http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/bestpractices/#onclick

              (I forget to update the titel of my previous answer, sorry)