Re: [jslint] Re: ANN: JSLint Reporter (Node.js wrapper)

  • Frederik Dohr
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2011
      > What I'm doing already is evaluating fulljslint.js in a secure
      > context. Any attempt to access local resources *on evaluation* of the
      > script would fail. BUT! What I'm not doing yet is running the JSLINT
      > function in a secure context.

      Indeed, I hadn't quite thought that through - thanks for being thorough!

      > The last step is not terribly difficult, I just haven't had the time.
      > It would involve putting the string to lint into the sandbox that
      > contains the JSLINT function and then using runInNewContext to do the
      > actual linting inside the sandbox

      This was relatively straightforward (I think... ):
      https://github.com/FND/jslint-reporter/commit/9972fdcdeb402ec859345b7801ac08dd8dffd83f

      I'd certainly appreciate a review though.

      > Full disclosure: I'm a complete Node.js newbie myself. LintServer is
      > the first piece of Node code I've ever written. As such there is
      > probably a better way than mine to do the things I do.

      Ditto - I'll see whether I can run this by some Node.js experts.

      -- F.