predefined list being ignored?

  • Jim Auldridge
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 26, 2011
      This line of code:
      var href = window.location.href;

      causes this error
      Problem at line 1 character 12: 'window' is not defined.

      With 'window' in the predefined list.

      Any thoughts?

      Thanks,
      Jim

      --
      Jim Auldridge
      11012 Lincoln Ave

    • abyssoft@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 26, 2011
        works as designed
        add
        /*global window*/

        to your code to ensure registering predifned
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Jim Auldridge <auldridgej@...> wrote:

        > This line of code:
        > var href = window.location.href;
        >
        > causes this error
        > Problem at line 1 character 12: 'window' is not defined.
        >

        > With 'window' in the predefined list.
        >
        > Any thoughts?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jim
        >
        > --
        > Jim Auldridge
        > 11012 Lincoln Ave
        > Hagerstown MD 21740
        > 240.520.0240 (m)
        > auldridgej@...
        > http://jaaulde.com

      • Jim Auldridge
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 26, 2011
          Isn't that what the "predefined" input field is for in the web interface? I have window in that field (as noted in my original message) but I am told it is undefined. Am I confused or is the input being ignored?

        • abyssoft@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 26, 2011
            Refreshed screen and re-tested

            Indeed it is ignoring manual entries via input field.

            --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Auldridge" <auldridgej@...> wrote:

            > Isn't that what the "predefined" input field is for in the web interface? I have window in that field (as noted in my original message) but I am told it is undefined. Am I confused or is the input being ignored?
            >
            > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@" <abyssoft@> wrote:
            > >
            > > works as designed
            > > add
            > > /*global window*/
            > >
            > > to your code to ensure registering predifned
            > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Jim Auldridge <auldridgej@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > This line of code:
            > > > var href = window.location.href;
            > > >
            > > > causes this error
            > > > Problem at line 1 character 12: 'window' is not defined.
            > > >

            > > > With 'window' in the predefined list.
            > > >
            > > > Any thoughts?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Jim
            > > >
            > > > --
            > > > Jim Auldridge
            > > > 11012 Lincoln Ave
            > > > Hagerstown MD 21740
            > > > 240.520.0240 (m)
            > > > auldridgej@
            > > > http://jaaulde.com

          • Merlin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 26, 2011
              --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@..." <abyssoft@...> wrote:

              > Refreshed screen and re-tested
              >
              > Indeed it is ignoring manual entries via input field.

              The predefined field is working in JSLint in the WidgetTester Widget, so it must be the web interface rather than JSLint itself.

              Harry.
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 27, 2011
                --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Jim Auldridge <auldridgej@...> wrote:

                > This line of code:
                > var href = window.location.href;
                >
                > causes this error
                > Problem at line 1 character 12: 'window' is not defined.
                >

                > With 'window' in the predefined list.

                Please try it now.
              • Jim Auldridge
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 27, 2011