Re: Problems with immediately invoked function expressions

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Jim Auldridge <auldridgej@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone tell me why the code in this paste:
      > http://pastie.textmate.org/private/gd8xrctmenh3qu2jrxintq
      > generates these errors:
      >
      > Problem at line 7 character 1: Expected ';' and instead saw '}'.
      >
      > }() );

      Did you try to insert the missing semicolon where JSLint recommended?
    • Jim Auldridge
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
        Groooan, I'm so sorry for wasting your time. I needed the semicolon after
        the returned anon-function--I was looking below.

        Thanks for cluing me into JSLints already clear clue *roll eyes at self*

        Jim

        --
        Jim Auldridge
        11012 Lincoln Ave

      • abyssoft@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
          Return statements should terminate in a ;

          var foo = ( function()
          {
          return function()
          {
          window.alert( 'bar' );
          }; <---
          }() );

          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Jim Auldridge <auldridgej@...> wrote:

          > Can anyone tell me why the code in this paste:
          > http://pastie.textmate.org/private/gd8xrctmenh3qu2jrxintq
          > generates these errors:
          >
          > Problem at line 7 character 1: Expected ';' and instead saw '}'.
          >
          > }() );
          >
          > Problem at line 7 character 2: Unreachable '(' after 'return'.
          >
          > }() );
          >
          > Problem at line 7 character 3: Expected an identifier and instead saw ')'.
          >
          > }() );
          >
          > Problem at line 7 character 3: Stopping, unable to continue. (100% scanned).
          >

          > Thanks,
          > Jim
          >
          > --
          > Jim Auldridge
          > 11012 Lincoln Ave
          > Hagerstown MD 21740
          > 240.520.0240 (m)
          > auldridgej@...
          > http://jaaulde.com

        • Jim Auldridge
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
            Indeed, I am a bonehead. Thanks!

            On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:18 PM, abyssoft@... <abyssoft@...>wrote:

            > Return statements should terminate in a ;
            >
            > var foo = ( function()
            > {
            > return function()
            > {
            > window.alert( 'bar' );
            > }; <---
            > }() );
            >

            > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com <jslint_com%40yahoogroups.com>, Jim
            > Auldridge <auldridgej@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Can anyone tell me why the code in this paste:
            > > http://pastie.textmate.org/private/gd8xrctmenh3qu2jrxintq
            > > generates these errors:
            > >
            > > Problem at line 7 character 1: Expected ';' and instead saw '}'.
            > >
            > > }() );
            > >
            > > Problem at line 7 character 2: Unreachable '(' after 'return'.
            > >
            > > }() );
            > >
            > > Problem at line 7 character 3: Expected an identifier and instead saw
            > ')'.
            > >
            > > }() );
            > >
            > > Problem at line 7 character 3: Stopping, unable to continue. (100%
            > scanned).
            > >

            > > Thanks,
            > > Jim
            > >
            > > --