Re: Problems with immediately invoked function expressions

  • Jim Auldridge
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
      Sorry--to clarify, I have Strict whitespace unchecked, and indent set to 0

      Thanks,
      Jim

      --
      Jim Auldridge
      11012 Lincoln Ave

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Jim Auldridge <auldridgej@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone tell me why the code in this paste:
        > http://pastie.textmate.org/private/gd8xrctmenh3qu2jrxintq
        > generates these errors:
        >
        > Problem at line 7 character 1: Expected ';' and instead saw '}'.
        >
        > }() );

        Did you try to insert the missing semicolon where JSLint recommended?
      • Jim Auldridge
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
          Groooan, I'm so sorry for wasting your time. I needed the semicolon after
          the returned anon-function--I was looking below.

          Thanks for cluing me into JSLints already clear clue *roll eyes at self*

          Jim

        • abyssoft@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
            Return statements should terminate in a ;

            var foo = ( function()
            {
            return function()
            {
            window.alert( 'bar' );
            }; <---
            }() );

            --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Jim Auldridge <auldridgej@...> wrote:

            > Can anyone tell me why the code in this paste:
            > http://pastie.textmate.org/private/gd8xrctmenh3qu2jrxintq
            > generates these errors:
            >
            > Problem at line 7 character 1: Expected ';' and instead saw '}'.
            >
            > }() );
            >
            > Problem at line 7 character 2: Unreachable '(' after 'return'.
            >
            > }() );
            >
            > Problem at line 7 character 3: Expected an identifier and instead saw ')'.
            >
            > }() );
            >
            > Problem at line 7 character 3: Stopping, unable to continue. (100% scanned).
            >

            > Thanks,
            > Jim
            >
            > --
            > Jim Auldridge
            > 11012 Lincoln Ave
            > Hagerstown MD 21740
            > 240.520.0240 (m)
            > auldridgej@...
            > http://jaaulde.com

          • Jim Auldridge
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
              Indeed, I am a bonehead. Thanks!

              On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:18 PM, abyssoft@... <abyssoft@...>wrote:

              > Return statements should terminate in a ;
              >
              > var foo = ( function()
              > {
              > return function()
              > {
              > window.alert( 'bar' );
              > }; <---
              > }() );
              >

              > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com <jslint_com%40yahoogroups.com>, Jim
              > Auldridge <auldridgej@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Can anyone tell me why the code in this paste:
              > > http://pastie.textmate.org/private/gd8xrctmenh3qu2jrxintq
              > > generates these errors:
              > >
              > > Problem at line 7 character 1: Expected ';' and instead saw '}'.
              > >
              > > }() );
              > >
              > > Problem at line 7 character 2: Unreachable '(' after 'return'.
              > >
              > > }() );
              > >
              > > Problem at line 7 character 3: Expected an identifier and instead saw
              > ')'.
              > >
              > > }() );
              > >
              > > Problem at line 7 character 3: Stopping, unable to continue. (100%
              > scanned).
              > >

              > > Thanks,
              > > Jim
              > >
              > > --