json2.js (2011-01-18) won't pass jslint (2011-01-21)

  • Robocoder (TM)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2011
      Using Firefox 3.6.13, I get:

      Error:

      Problem at line 162 character 5: Redefinition of 'JSON'.

      var JSON;

      Problem at line 164 character 5: Read only.

      JSON = {};
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2011
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Robocoder (TM)" <apang@...> wrote:

        > Using Firefox 3.6.13, I get:
        >
        > Error:
        >
        > Problem at line 162 character 5: Redefinition of 'JSON'.
        >
        > var JSON;
        >
        > Problem at line 164 character 5: Read only.
        >
        > JSON = {};

        json2.js is trying to do something that application programs should never do: try to create or replace one of the system's built-in objects. json2.js works in concert with ES5. This relationship is so rare, I am not putting an exception in JSLint for it.