Re: [jslint] Re: New Edition

  • Felix E. Klee
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 11, 2011
      On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Jordan <ljharb@...> wrote:
      > the file concatenation problem,

      What do you mean by that?
    • abyssoft@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 14, 2011
        I believe that Mr. Crockford would say something to this effect in response.

        "Your sadly pathetic bleatings are harshing my mellow." - Douglas Crockford

        as he did to me on a similar issue.

        My advice, do what I ultimately did after my bruised emotions calloused over, rewrite the offending code. Yes, it takes away valuable resource time from a potential deadlines, that could affect your employment. Yes, you may have your feelings hurt as a result of a previous coder's coding badly. Yes in the long run it makes you a better coder, as you'll be able to more quickly fix crap code. Yes, you have a choice to make, either do as I did and toughen up the skin a bit and make the code compatible and validate (which includes fixing other people's crap) or; don't worry about being a good JS developer and write incompetent code, and don't bother trying to use JSLint.