Re: [jslint] Re: New Edition

  • Felix E. Klee
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 11, 2011
      On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Jordan <ljharb@...> wrote:
      > I didn't write this code, and would certainly prefer a better solution

      Put the code into a separate file that you don't run through JSLint.
    • Jordan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 11, 2011
        That is indeed a good suggestion, but that doesn't prevent the file concatenation problem, nor does it invalidate my request for all configuration options to be removed if the sole concern of JSLint is code quality instead of production code validation.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 11, 2011
          On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Jordan <ljharb@...> wrote:
          > the file concatenation problem,

          What do you mean by that?
        • abyssoft@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 14, 2011
            I believe that Mr. Crockford would say something to this effect in response.

            "Your sadly pathetic bleatings are harshing my mellow." - Douglas Crockford

            as he did to me on a similar issue.

            My advice, do what I ultimately did after my bruised emotions calloused over, rewrite the offending code. Yes, it takes away valuable resource time from a potential deadlines, that could affect your employment. Yes, you may have your feelings hurt as a result of a previous coder's coding badly. Yes in the long run it makes you a better coder, as you'll be able to more quickly fix crap code. Yes, you have a choice to make, either do as I did and toughen up the skin a bit and make the code compatible and validate (which includes fixing other people's crap) or; don't worry about being a good JS developer and write incompetent code, and don't bother trying to use JSLint.