Re: [jslint] Re: Strict white space bug? (UNCLASSIFIED)

  • Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR USARC
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2010
      Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

      > Ok, that's a pragmatic solution :) However, the "Strict Whitespace"
      > option is very helpful. Please think of tons of code and a bunch of
      > developers of which some always need a punch to remember code
      > conventions. Turning off that option reopens the door for messy code.
      > Have you ever thought about splitting up this particular option into
      > "Strict Whitespace" and "Strict indentation"?

      Instead of altering some validation software to conform to user behavior
      perhaps you should alter your process to mitigate differences in user
      behavior and the validation software. You need an automated beautifier
      that conforms to JSLint's white space rules. I recommend one of the two
      following. The beautification algorithm in the second is an early fork
      of the first and is similar but very different.

      http://jsbeautifier.org/
      http://prettydiff.com/

      Austin Cheney, CISSP
      Classification: UNCLASSIFIED