Strict mode is coming to town

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2010
      JSLint is now recommending the function form of strict pragma and not the file form. So

      "use strict";

      is out, and

      (function () {
      }());

      is in.

      See also http://www.yuiblog.com/blog/2010/12/14/strict-mode-is-coming-to-town/
    • abyssoft@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2010
        This change is a paradigm level change.

        This causes all of my scripts to now complain.
        While after having read the article I believe this be the best practice; I believe this should be an option for the time being, to allow for a transition period, so people can get used to the idea.

        Whilst JSLint may hurt ones feelings in order to make one a better programmer, it should not leave one feeling dirty, and abused.
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2010
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@..." <abyssoft@...> wrote:
          > This change is a paradigm level change.
          >
          > This causes all of my scripts to now complain.
          > While after having read the article I believe this be the best practice; I believe this should be an option for the time being, to allow for a transition period, so people can get used to the idea.
          >
          > Whilst JSLint may hurt ones feelings in order to make one a better programmer, it should not leave one feeling dirty, and abused.

          Your sadly pathetic bleatings are harshing my mellow.