Re: [jslint] option.strict

  • AJ ONeal
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 13, 2010
      FYI, "at the top of" means "inside", not "on top".
      That's why I was originally confused.

      // Non-strict code...

      (function(){
      "use strict";

      // Define your library strictly...
      })();

      // Non-strict code...

      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1335851/what-does-use-strict-do-in-javascript-and-what-is-the-reasoning-behind-it

      I believe this would be a useless statement (though I'm not sure).
      In any case it's probably best to avoid it.

      (function(){

      // do stuff
      }());

      "use strict";

      (function(){

      // do stuff
      })();

      AJ ONeal

      On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>wrote:

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com <jslint_com%40yahoogroups.com>, "Rob
      > Richardson" <erobrich@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > You've specified "at the top of the file" twice. Did you intend to
      > identify
      > > the second as "the top of a function"?
      >
      > Yes.

    • Jakob Kruse
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 14, 2010
        In your second example, "use strict"; is neither at the top of a file or at the top of a function, thus it has no effect.

        /Jakob

        _____