\v is valid or not?

  • AJ ONeal
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2010
      jslint.com says that this is valid, Firefox JSON.parse agrees

      jsonlint.com disagrees as does v8 JSON.parse / node.js

      {
      "ID3v1" : {
      "title" : "TRACK 11",
      "artist" : "KORINI 11",
      "comment" : "ALTOMP3 MAKER (YUANSOFT.COM)\v"

      The obvious answer seems to be to drop "\v" as an invalid character (and not
      worry about it). Always. Period.
      But how should a vertical tab be handled per spec?

      AJ ONeal

    • AJ ONeal
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2010
        I think I understand now: "\v" should instead be escaped as "\u000B".

        ... additionally, a bug should be filed for any software that uses vertical
        tabs.

        AJ ONeal

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2010
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, AJ ONeal <coolaj86@...> wrote:

          > jslint.com says that this is valid, Firefox JSON.parse agrees
          >
          > jsonlint.com disagrees as does v8 JSON.parse / node.js

          \v is not allowed by JSON. Please try it now.