Re: The validator does not validate

  • abyssoft@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@" <abyssoft@> wrote:
      >
      > > changing line 5450 from
      > > predefined['eval'] =
      > > predefined[["e", "v", "a", "l"].join("")] =
      >

      > Of course I am not going to take your advice because it would stupid to, which perhaps was your point.
      >
      > JSLint should be run against source code, not minified code. If you can find an example of a bug that is in JSLint that JSLint should have been able to detect, I would be very happy to hear about it.

      Douglas, that was indeed my point.

      A little extra background, I was running fulljslint.js un-minified as the source through itself, when I saw that no more strict issues remained which was quite nice.

      As for the ^ (not) operator is the mentioning that it is unsafe more of a piece of advice for the novice to regex or more of a concrete rule? I've been playing with regex for a while now and find the ^ (not) operator quite useful and so typically have regexp:false.