Re: The validator does not validate

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2010
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@..." <abyssoft@...> wrote:

      > changing line 5450 from
      > predefined['eval'] =
      > predefined[["e", "v", "a", "l"].join("")] =

      Of course I am not going to take your advice because it would stupid to, which perhaps was your point.

      JSLint should be run against source code, not minified code. If you can find an example of a bug that is in JSLint that JSLint should have been able to detect, I would be very happy to hear about it.
    • abyssoft@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@" <abyssoft@> wrote:
        >
        > > changing line 5450 from
        > > predefined['eval'] =
        > > predefined[["e", "v", "a", "l"].join("")] =
        >

        > Of course I am not going to take your advice because it would stupid to, which perhaps was your point.
        >
        > JSLint should be run against source code, not minified code. If you can find an example of a bug that is in JSLint that JSLint should have been able to detect, I would be very happy to hear about it.

        Douglas, that was indeed my point.

        A little extra background, I was running fulljslint.js un-minified as the source through itself, when I saw that no more strict issues remained which was quite nice.

        As for the ^ (not) operator is the mentioning that it is unsafe more of a piece of advice for the novice to regex or more of a concrete rule? I've been playing with regex for a while now and find the ^ (not) operator quite useful and so typically have regexp:false.