Re: [jslint] JSLint Database

  • graham_king_3
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
      I too would love to know how to keep running this from Rhino, or in fact simply from a unix command line. No-one has yet added a Rhino version to the database. The nearest alternative seems to be node-js and npm, but npm doesn't play nice with permissions and sudo yet.

      As the file is gone from jslint.com, I have uploaded the latest jslint rhino version I have, here, for people in the same situation as me: http://www.darkcoding.net/jslint.js

      Note that it has switched off whitespace checking.

      I use inotify to watch my files and automatically run jslint (using this bash script https://github.com/grahamking/lint_switch), so I'm looking for a stand-alone command line version for Unix, ideally with few dependencies.

      Thanks in advance,
      Graham

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@...> wrote:

      > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>wrote:
      >

      > > I am dropping support for rhino.js and wsh.js because others have improved
      > > on them. If you have such an improvement, please add a record describing it.
      > >
      > Can you tell us the location(s) of improved versions of Rhino support? My
      > googling hasn't turned up any yet.
      >
      > --
      > R. Mark Volkmann
      > Object Computing, Inc.

    • Dominic Mitchell
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
        On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:29 AM, graham_king_3 <graham@...> wrote:

        > I too would love to know how to keep running this from Rhino, or in fact
        > simply from a unix command line. No-one has yet added a Rhino version to the
        > database. The nearest alternative seems to be node-js and npm, but npm
        > doesn't play nice with permissions and sudo yet.
        >
        > As the file is gone from jslint.com, I have uploaded the latest jslint
        > rhino version I have, here, for people in the same situation as me:
        > http://www.darkcoding.net/jslint.js
        >
        > Note that it has switched off whitespace checking.
        >
        > I use inotify to watch my files and automatically run jslint (using this
        > bash script https://github.com/grahamking/lint_switch), so I'm looking
        > for a stand-alone command line version for Unix, ideally with few
        > dependencies.

        jslint4java offers a command line version. You have to say "java -jar
        jslint4java.jar some.js". There's no inotify support, but it could always
        be invoked from something that has.

        -Dom

      • graham_king_3
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010
          Dom, Jakob,

          jslint4java is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

          Graham