RE: [jslint] JSLint Database

  • Rob Richardson
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29 9:06 AM
      Is this information available in another form or is there a trick to getting
      to it without a Yahoo account? My address subscribed to this list isn't a
      Yahoo account (as it doesn't end in @...), so I'm having difficulty
      reaching the online portion of this group, and thus the database.

      Rob

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
        I too would love to know how to keep running this from Rhino, or in fact simply from a unix command line. No-one has yet added a Rhino version to the database. The nearest alternative seems to be node-js and npm, but npm doesn't play nice with permissions and sudo yet.

        As the file is gone from jslint.com, I have uploaded the latest jslint rhino version I have, here, for people in the same situation as me: http://www.darkcoding.net/jslint.js

        Note that it has switched off whitespace checking.

        I use inotify to watch my files and automatically run jslint (using this bash script https://github.com/grahamking/lint_switch), so I'm looking for a stand-alone command line version for Unix, ideally with few dependencies.

        Thanks in advance,
        Graham

        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@...> wrote:

        > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>wrote:
        >

        > > I am dropping support for rhino.js and wsh.js because others have improved
        > > on them. If you have such an improvement, please add a record describing it.
        > >
        > Can you tell us the location(s) of improved versions of Rhino support? My
        > googling hasn't turned up any yet.
        >
        > --
        > R. Mark Volkmann
        > Object Computing, Inc.

      • Dominic Mitchell
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
          On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:29 AM, graham_king_3 <graham@...> wrote:

          > I too would love to know how to keep running this from Rhino, or in fact
          > simply from a unix command line. No-one has yet added a Rhino version to the
          > database. The nearest alternative seems to be node-js and npm, but npm
          > doesn't play nice with permissions and sudo yet.
          >
          > As the file is gone from jslint.com, I have uploaded the latest jslint
          > rhino version I have, here, for people in the same situation as me:
          > http://www.darkcoding.net/jslint.js
          >
          > Note that it has switched off whitespace checking.
          >
          > I use inotify to watch my files and automatically run jslint (using this
          > bash script https://github.com/grahamking/lint_switch), so I'm looking
          > for a stand-alone command line version for Unix, ideally with few
          > dependencies.

          jslint4java offers a command line version. You have to say "java -jar
          jslint4java.jar some.js". There's no inotify support, but it could always
          be invoked from something that has.

          -Dom

        • graham_king_3
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010
            Dom, Jakob,

            jslint4java is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

            Graham