Re: [jslint] JSLint Database

  • Dominic Mitchell
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
      On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@...>wrote:

      > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...
      > >wrote:
      >

      > > I am dropping support for rhino.js and wsh.js because others have
      > improved
      > > on them. If you have such an improvement, please add a record describing
      > it.
      > >
      > Can you tell us the location(s) of improved versions of Rhino support? My
      > googling hasn't turned up any yet.

      I don't know if there's totally general rhino support, but my wrapper,
      jslint4java <http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/>, covers a few use cases
      (cli and ant build).

      -Dom

    • Rob Richardson
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 29, 2010
        Is this information available in another form or is there a trick to getting
        to it without a Yahoo account? My address subscribed to this list isn't a
        Yahoo account (as it doesn't end in @...), so I'm having difficulty
        reaching the online portion of this group, and thus the database.

        Rob

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
          I too would love to know how to keep running this from Rhino, or in fact simply from a unix command line. No-one has yet added a Rhino version to the database. The nearest alternative seems to be node-js and npm, but npm doesn't play nice with permissions and sudo yet.

          As the file is gone from jslint.com, I have uploaded the latest jslint rhino version I have, here, for people in the same situation as me: http://www.darkcoding.net/jslint.js

          Note that it has switched off whitespace checking.

          I use inotify to watch my files and automatically run jslint (using this bash script https://github.com/grahamking/lint_switch), so I'm looking for a stand-alone command line version for Unix, ideally with few dependencies.

          Thanks in advance,
          Graham

          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@...> wrote:

          > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>wrote:
          >

          > > I am dropping support for rhino.js and wsh.js because others have improved
          > > on them. If you have such an improvement, please add a record describing it.
          > >
          > Can you tell us the location(s) of improved versions of Rhino support? My
          > googling hasn't turned up any yet.
          >
          > --
          > R. Mark Volkmann
          > Object Computing, Inc.

        • Dominic Mitchell
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
            On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:29 AM, graham_king_3 <graham@...> wrote:

            > I too would love to know how to keep running this from Rhino, or in fact
            > simply from a unix command line. No-one has yet added a Rhino version to the
            > database. The nearest alternative seems to be node-js and npm, but npm
            > doesn't play nice with permissions and sudo yet.
            >
            > As the file is gone from jslint.com, I have uploaded the latest jslint
            > rhino version I have, here, for people in the same situation as me:
            > http://www.darkcoding.net/jslint.js
            >
            > Note that it has switched off whitespace checking.
            >
            > I use inotify to watch my files and automatically run jslint (using this
            > bash script https://github.com/grahamking/lint_switch), so I'm looking
            > for a stand-alone command line version for Unix, ideally with few
            > dependencies.

            jslint4java offers a command line version. You have to say "java -jar
            jslint4java.jar some.js". There's no inotify support, but it could always
            be invoked from something that has.

            -Dom

          • graham_king_3
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010
              Dom, Jakob,

              jslint4java is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

              Graham