JSLint Database

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
      I want to create a small database collecting all of the ways people have found to run JSLint. You have developed various ways of running it from command lines, in widgets, in editors and IDEs, and in servers. I would like to collect them all.

      If you have a method of usage that is not in the table, then please add a record that describes it.

      I am dropping support for rhino.js and wsh.js because others have improved on them. If you have such an improvement, please add a record describing it.

      Thank you.
    • Mark Volkmann
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
        On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>wrote:

        > I am dropping support for rhino.js and wsh.js because others have improved
        > on them. If you have such an improvement, please add a record describing it.

        Can you tell us the location(s) of improved versions of Rhino support? My
        googling hasn't turned up any yet.

        --
        R. Mark Volkmann
        Object Computing, Inc.

      • Dominic Mitchell
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
          On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@...>wrote:

          > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...
          > >wrote:
          >

          > > I am dropping support for rhino.js and wsh.js because others have
          > improved
          > > on them. If you have such an improvement, please add a record describing
          > it.
          > >
          > Can you tell us the location(s) of improved versions of Rhino support? My
          > googling hasn't turned up any yet.

          I don't know if there's totally general rhino support, but my wrapper,
          jslint4java <http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/>, covers a few use cases
          (cli and ant build).

          -Dom

        • Rob Richardson
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 29, 2010
            Is this information available in another form or is there a trick to getting
            to it without a Yahoo account? My address subscribed to this list isn't a
            Yahoo account (as it doesn't end in @...), so I'm having difficulty
            reaching the online portion of this group, and thus the database.

            Rob

            I want to create a small database collecting all of the ways people have
            found to run JSLint. You have developed various ways of running it from
            command lines, in widgets, in editors and IDEs, and in servers. I would like
            to collect them all.

            So please look at
            http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jslint_com/database?method=reportRows&tbl
            =1

            If you have a method of usage that is not in the table, then please add a
            record that describes it.

            I am dropping support for rhino.js and wsh.js because others have improved
            on them. If you have such an improvement, please add a record describing it.

            Thank you.
          • graham_king_3
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
              I too would love to know how to keep running this from Rhino, or in fact simply from a unix command line. No-one has yet added a Rhino version to the database. The nearest alternative seems to be node-js and npm, but npm doesn't play nice with permissions and sudo yet.

              As the file is gone from jslint.com, I have uploaded the latest jslint rhino version I have, here, for people in the same situation as me: http://www.darkcoding.net/jslint.js

              Note that it has switched off whitespace checking.

              I use inotify to watch my files and automatically run jslint (using this bash script https://github.com/grahamking/lint_switch), so I'm looking for a stand-alone command line version for Unix, ideally with few dependencies.

              Thanks in advance,
              Graham

              --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@...> wrote:

              > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>wrote:
              >

              > > I am dropping support for rhino.js and wsh.js because others have improved
              > > on them. If you have such an improvement, please add a record describing it.
              > >
              > Can you tell us the location(s) of improved versions of Rhino support? My
              > googling hasn't turned up any yet.
              >
              > --
              > R. Mark Volkmann
              > Object Computing, Inc.

            • Dominic Mitchell
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
                On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:29 AM, graham_king_3 <graham@...> wrote:

                > I too would love to know how to keep running this from Rhino, or in fact
                > simply from a unix command line. No-one has yet added a Rhino version to the
                > database. The nearest alternative seems to be node-js and npm, but npm
                > doesn't play nice with permissions and sudo yet.
                >
                > As the file is gone from jslint.com, I have uploaded the latest jslint
                > rhino version I have, here, for people in the same situation as me:
                > http://www.darkcoding.net/jslint.js
                >
                > Note that it has switched off whitespace checking.
                >
                > I use inotify to watch my files and automatically run jslint (using this
                > bash script https://github.com/grahamking/lint_switch), so I'm looking
                > for a stand-alone command line version for Unix, ideally with few
                > dependencies.

                jslint4java offers a command line version. You have to say "java -jar
                jslint4java.jar some.js". There's no inotify support, but it could always
                be invoked from something that has.

                -Dom

              • graham_king_3
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010
                  Dom, Jakob,

                  jslint4java is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

                  Graham