Re: SV: [jslint] problems with Nesting

  • abyssoft@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 22, 2010
      I decided to test your assertion, simplified the test and the result was not as expected given the assertion. The code below did not throw the error, yet uses the same formatting. So I'm starting to lean toward either throwing the error is a bug or the not throwing the error is a bug, as there should be consistency. As stated previously, my opinion is that the thrown error is the bug.

      ----------

      "use strict";
      var servicesClasses = [
      »"8",
      »"15",
      »"30"
      ];

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 21, 2010

        > JSLint (with the strict whitespace option) does not support the way you write an array. Specifically it does support a line break after a comma, but not between the last array element and the end brace. This leads to the "wrong indentation" error.
        >
        > /Jakob

        Thanks. Please try it now.

        In the future, please try to refine the problem text in bug reports. It is greatly appreciated if you try to make the example that demonstrates the problem as small as possible.
      • abyssoft@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 21, 2010
          Works now.
          Thank you.