Re: Dangerous Comments

  • abyssoft@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010
      Interesting, but I am not able to replicate the error.
      I've tried various formatting of a comment. can you provide a snippet I'd love to see this.

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <Nielsen.Chris@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Line 1481 of fulljslint.js warns us of potentially dangerous comments. It does this using a regular expression in the variable "ax", defined on line 930:
      >
      > ax = /@cc|<\/?|script|\]*s\]|<\s*!|</i
      >
      > https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSLint/blob/d4a0702b45ba8e7c54e528914ca174b2ec7a46e7/fulljslint.js#L930
      >
      > This regex contains several patterns separated by the "or" glyph. One of these is:
      >
      > \]*s\]
      >
      > This appears to match zero or many closing square brackets, followed by the letter s, followed by an opening square bracket:
      >
      > ]]]]s]
      >
      > or just:
      >
      > s]
      >
      > I have a comment that matches this, but I don't understand why it would be dangerous. Could anybody shed some light on what this is for?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > - Chris

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@..." <abyssoft@...> wrote:

        > Interesting, but I am not able to replicate the error.
        > I've tried various formatting of a comment. can you provide a snippet I'd love to see this.

        Hello,

        Here is a snippet that will produce the "Dangerous Comment" message with all JSLint options in their default state (off):

        <head>
        <script>
        // This is a dangerous] comment.
        </script>
        </head>

        The effect can also be triggered without HTML, if "Safe Subset" is active. So, this snippet will also do it:

        /*jslint safe: true */
        "use strict";
        // This is a dangerous] comment.

        Thanks!

        - Chris
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <Nielsen.Chris@...> wrote:

          > Line 1481 of fulljslint.js warns us of potentially dangerous comments. It does this using a regular expression in the variable "ax", defined on line 930:
          >
          > ax = /@cc|<\/?|script|\]*s\]|<\s*!|</i
          >
          > I have a comment that matches this, but I don't understand why it would be dangerous.

          Please try it now.
        • Chris
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010

            > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <Nielsen.Chris@> wrote:
            >
            > > I have a comment that matches this, but I don't understand why it would be dangerous.
            >
            > Please try it now.

            This works fine, thank you!