CSS System Colors

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2010
      Hello,

      When checking CSS, JSLint validates color names. There is a long list of supported color names on lines 387 - 525 of fulljslint.js:

      https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSLint/blob/eb939e7fb8832ef5bf12c1ccd33edce27d01d53b/fulljslint.js#L387-525

      The CSS2 specification also include a section of special color names that map to the user's system's colors: ActiveBorder, Background, Menu, etc. See http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/ui.html#system-colors for a complete list.

      These color names are not currently recognized by JSLint. I find them useful when designing new UI elements. Would you consider adding support for them?

      - Chris
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 2010
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <Nielsen.Chris@...> wrote:
        > When checking CSS, JSLint validates color names. There is a long list of supported color names on lines 387 - 525 of fulljslint.js:

        > The CSS2 specification also include a section of special color names that map to the user's system's colors: ActiveBorder, Background, Menu, etc. See http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/ui.html#system-colors for a complete list.
        >
        > These color names are not currently recognized by JSLint. I find them useful when designing new UI elements. Would you consider adding support for them?

        Please try it now.
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 17, 2010

          > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <Nielsen.Chris@> wrote:
          > > These color names are not currently recognized by JSLint. I find them useful when designing new UI elements. Would you consider adding support for them?
          >
          > Please try it now.

          This works fine, thank you!