Re: [jslint] css and svg element

  • Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2010
      Ben,

      > will JSLint be able to inspect these CSS files which include css
      > for svg? browsers (chrome, safari and firefox) seem to have no
      > issue with applying the css to svg when all the css for my
      > application has been included in a single css file.

      This is still an XML issue. Those browser have no issue with CSS
      applied to an XML file. IE can also render CSS files to XML documents
      directly, but you have to supply alternate directives that escape the
      colon separating a namespace. Here is an example:

      http://mailmarkup.org/mml-stylesheet.css

      In that example notice the redundancy for IE, such as:
      any,xs\:any

      If you really want to do cool things with CSS and dabble in XML then
      just use the Jigsaw validator from W3C:
      http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

      I can promise you JSLint is not going to be offering what you are
      looking for any time convenient. XML has its own set of problems that
      are radically foreign to the sloppy cesspool that is HTML processing.
      The problems with both technologies are a direct reflection of the
      behaviors most closely associated with the loudest advocates from each
      group and this is not going to change until something external provides
      a change in the consumer market. The only such change to ever occur for
      the web were the Mosaic/Netscape and Microsoft browser wars. You can
      draw your own conclusions from that.

      At any rate, JSLint is not likely to support conventions of XML any more
      than HTTP is to support IRI.

      Austin Cheney - CISSP
      http://prettydiff.com/