[jslint] Re: Block-comment trick stops JSLINT

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "montago_2004" <mdk@...> wrote:
      > so my point is... should JSlint care about text inside comments ?

      Yes it should, because sometimes syntax errors are hidden in comments.
      Again, I caution you to avoid programming conventions that depend on
      intentional errors.
    • Paul de Jong
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
        On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 12:46 PM, montago_2004 <mdk@...> wrote:
        > /*
        > Douglas ain't smart.
        > */
        >
        > Douglas is smart.

        > Q: which of those two statements are more accurate ?
        >
        > A: the one, which is not a comment, because its removed by the compiler.
        >
        > so my point is... should JSlint care about text inside comments ?
        > I'm just asking.

        For the reasoning behind removing the comments may I recommend:
        JavaScript: The Good Parts, Douglas Crockford, O'Reilly, 2008.