[jslint] Re: Block-comment trick stops JSLINT

  • montago_2004
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
      /*
      Douglas ain't smart.
      */

      Douglas is smart.

      //-------------------------

      Q: which of those two statements are more accurate ?

      A: the one, which is not a comment, because its removed by the compiler.

      so my point is... should JSlint care about text inside comments ?
      I'm just asking.
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "montago_2004" <mdk@...> wrote:
        > so my point is... should JSlint care about text inside comments ?

        Yes it should, because sometimes syntax errors are hidden in comments.
        Again, I caution you to avoid programming conventions that depend on
        intentional errors.
      • Paul de Jong
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
          On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 12:46 PM, montago_2004 <mdk@...> wrote:
          > /*
          > Douglas ain't smart.
          > */
          >
          > Douglas is smart.

          > Q: which of those two statements are more accurate ?
          >
          > A: the one, which is not a comment, because its removed by the compiler.
          >
          > so my point is... should JSlint care about text inside comments ?
          > I'm just asking.

          For the reasoning behind removing the comments may I recommend:
          JavaScript: The Good Parts, Douglas Crockford, O'Reilly, 2008.