RE:09-16-2010 version has bug

  • douglas@crockford.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 17, 2010
      You should never label non-strict code as strict. There is a contract that comes with "use strict";.JSLint helps you to honor that contract.
    • abyssoft@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 17, 2010
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, douglas@... wrote:

        > You should never label non-strict code as strict. There is a contract that comes with "use strict";.JSLint helps you to honor that contract.

        Ok given that constraint what is the best set of options that will get me as close to strict as possible and still permit me to use class constructor names that start with lowercase? I'm wanting to maintain as close to strict as I can, however I have no control over whether we use the 3rd party API at my work. It is required use for the project I'm on.

        I am most grateful for any assistance, thank you in advance.
      • Frederik Dohr
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 18, 2010
          > use class constructor names that start with lowercase? I'm wanting
          > to maintain as close to strict as I can, however I have no control
          > over whether we use the 3rd party API

          You might be able to create a local alias for the API's constructors:

          (function() {

          var Foo = lib.foo;

          var instance = new Foo();

          })();