Re: [jslint] "use strict";

  • Morgaut Alexandre Louis Marc
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2010
      It may also be at set as the first line of a JavaScript function

      so even if the rest of the code (after concatenation or loaded from other <script> tags) doesn't run in strict mode, the code of this function should

      (not sure it will be supported soon)

      On Sep 17, 2010, at 10:23 AM, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

      > On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR <
      > austin.cheney@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Where does the "use strict" declaration go? Does it go at the top of a
      > > JavaScript file, or at the top of a function, or both, or somewhere else?
      > >

      > It must be the very first statement in a file. I'm sure that jslint will
      > tell you this. :)
      >
      > -Dom

    • Mark Volkmann
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 20, 2010
        On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Sean Kelly <home@...> wrote:

        > I'm new to this list so this may have been answered before but aside from
        > reading the source code to JSLint (thanks BTW), how do we go about
        > understanding exactly what strict mode does? The questions on stackoverflow
        > are kind of mixed and I didn't remember seeing any discussion of this on
        > jslint.com

        I've been working on a presentation to explain this and other changes in
        ECMAScript 5. You can see my summary at
        http://java.ociweb.com/mark/programming/JavaScript/ECMAScript5.pdf

        Feedback on these slides is welcomed!

        --